That sit under a table
unlike the scrounging dog
black comfortable leather
and now that I think of it
matching black
to the speckles in the marble
the microwave vent
the stove top
and the oven
where spilled pizza once was.
A wise choice
for a modern home.

3 comments:
yesyeysyesyessyes. cool and concrete. I like.
mejor, definitely, though i honestly have no idea where this is from. not.
So I told you I'd tell you why I like this but then I got distracted so here.
Well I like that you used a first person voice that is looking outward rather than inward. I feel that observations tend to make really good poems. And this poem leads the reader to a place of reflection, because on one hand it's just a description of of a house and some chairs and other things, but the last line asks us to think about it all a little more.
There's a silent question being asked, and we aren't even sure what it is but we know it is there.
Post a Comment